Friday, February 13, 2009

Struggling with routine

The beginings of a homemaker.

Zechariah 4:10 says who has despised the day of small things?

Ecclesiastes 5:11 say God has made everything beautiful in its time.

I think my biggest struggle in being a homemaker is the routine. It's the same thing everyday. However I believe I struggle with this because of how I grew up and what my life was like prior to receiving Christ as my Savior. I was sporatic. I lacked stability. I was inconsistant. I was not dependable. I was always looking for something new to excite me. I was spontaneous. But God is showing me a different way. I also see some of these negative patterns in the older women in my family. I see restlessness. I see the constant search for something new. I see the search for a change. I understand why I struggle with this. The Lord says to meditate on good things. I am unlearning some things so I can experience the abundant life Jesus died to give me. I am training myself to receive fulfillment from my routine from doing the same thing everyday. Come to realize this is the mature Christian life being lived out. This is the way to contentment. The world has shown me a different way to happiness and fulfillment and it is completely opposite of what God has shown me. He shows me to live a peaceful, quiet life. If I took 25 years training myself to enjoy the ways of the world. I can take 25 more years training myself to enjoy the ways of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment