Friday, February 6, 2009
Turning over a new leaf
Lately, I've been meditating on the Hebrew women in the bible. The Godly examples that God lays out in His word. I've been comparing their view on childbearing to how we view it today. Do you ever wonder how or why they wanted so many children? Do you ever wonder how they managed? No doubt it was hard work. But women mostly worked in the home, keeping the home and taking care of children they did not have the burden of providing financially for the family by going to a 9 to 5 job. My thought have wondered more towards that fact that they treated their children differently then we treat our children today. Often times we create our own burdens when it comes to raising children. We assume they need more than they really do. We assume they need more toys, more attention, more stimulation, etc........................The Israelite women didn't do this. They didn't have time to be so "child centered". That's just not the way God structured the family to be. When we operate like that, of coarse it becomes a burden. I have been asking God to just open my eyes to the heart of the Hebrew women and how they operated in the Old Testament. I have a vision of babies who watch the women of the house going about doing this task and that task. I have a vision that they do this pretty much until they of age to begin to help. I don't imagine the Israelite women on the floor playing with babies. I imagine them loving and nurturing their babies and training them up, but that's it. I want to develop their mindset.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment